I've always had just a little bit of passion for the theatre. Use to be in the little plays during elementary school and always played the character "Jessica". Some reason there was always a character named Jessica in every play we read and performed.
Except for one play I remember the most. I played "Princess Veronica". I remember like it was yesterday how much I loved that play and loved performing it. I remember I was so excited to perform it for the entire school. Even at the annual Spaghitti and Meatball dinner for the parents. But that was the last time I performed for an audience.
Ever since then the theatre has had a little piece of my heart.
I thought I was never going to get back in it because I was always so shy and never participated in anything because I was afraid I was going to get bullied or made fun of so I just kept to myself. Later was well-known as the quiet kid. Even got voted "Most Quietest" in the 8th grade along with this kid Christopher Little. That was a horrible picture we took because we both we're so freaking awkward. It's pretty hilarious.
It's been about eight years now since I've actually acted. Yeah, I acted at the Lakeside Community Theatre Haunted House for the past three years, but I don't really count that as acting. Really I'm just being myself when I'm at a concert. Screaming, jumping and looking like my eyes are going to pop out at any given moment. That's just how I roll.
In reality the Haunted House was the closest thing I was going to get to get back into acting. I love how every visitor calls me that psycho girl or one time this grown man came up and I did my thing and when he was walking away he immediately said to his friends:
if I ever were to get kidnapped, I want that girl to be with me yo. She has some LUNGS!
I wanted to run up to that guy and give him a hug, but he probably would of thought I was chasing him and then probably would of screamed and run even faster away from me.
But since the Haunted House is only on the weekends and only during the month of October, I really have nothing else to do. So I thought being on the Crew in LCT's Christmas play would be something to do and to get the jist of how real plays work now-a-days.
I'm currently a crew member for the play Christmas Belles, and let me tell ya ... It's like super amazing. I love being backstage and helping the actors in the play get ready for their scene. I'd much rather be performing than helping but there is always a next time.
Speak of that! I'm auditioning for their next play! Well, not next one but the one after the play that is next. Got it? Don't ask me the name because I already forgot what its called but it's just like a book I read in ninth grade English Honors class. And it was absolutely fabulous.
Then on top of that I just recently (like yesterday) signed up for a theatre class. It's called Introduction to Theatre. Crazy right? I think 2012 is going to be my year though.
I finally am going to do what I want because I've been doing everything, adult-wise and I finally want to do something for myself. And since Ceramics was already full, thought I would do theatre. It actually works out to since I will be auditioning for the LCT play. And I pray to God I get a part. Even if the character has like half a word in the entire play. If not there is always room for people to be Crew and I don't mind that either.
2012 is going to be a great year.(:
No comments:
Post a Comment